Hello,
Is it possible to set HTTPS on port 8080? We are currently using 8443 for HTTPS. But my boss would like port 8080 be encrypted as well, Is this possible?
Thank you so much!
There’s nothing special about the port numbers. You can have HTTPS run over 8443 or 8080 or 2345 if you want.
Or, do you want to have Jira run over HTTPS over both 8080 and 8443 at the same time? I don’t think you can do that, but there’s really no reason to. Just turn off the HTTP version and run only the HTTPS version.
or you can use apache as a proxy using https
Thank you so much for your answer.
I wonder if user browse http://mydomain.com:8080it should redirect tohttps://mydomain.com:8080
What exactly do I need to change here?
<Connector port="8080"
maxThreads="150"
minSpareThreads="25"
connectionTimeout="20000"
enableLookups="false"
maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
protocol="HTTP/1.1"
useBodyEncodingForURI="true"
redirectPort="8443" //Can I remove this?
acceptCount="100"
disableUploadTimeout="true"/>
<Connector port="8443" //Can I just change it to 8080?
protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol"
SSLEnabled="true"
disableUploadTimeout="true"
scheme="https" secure="true"
clientAuth="false"
It looks like the way it’s setup now, http://mydomain.com:8080(unsecure) should redirect to https://mydomain.com:8443(secure). That actually doesn’t seem so bad. What is actually happening when you go to http://mydomain.com:8080now?
But if you like, you could just remove the whole connector element for port 8080 (that’s the first one) and change the 8443 in the second connector element to 8080. That should make port 8080 serve Jira over HTTPS, and nothing would run over port 8443.
This is our current setup. When user go to http://mydomain.com:8080it will redirect to https://mydomain.com:8443
But if I remove the whole connector element for port 8080(http). I'm afraid http://mydomain.com:8080will not be accessible? Am I correct?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.