I'm trying the new project type, Agility, and having a few issues, but most important one is that I'm not able to add sub-tasks to a story.
Subtasks are available
Introducing subtasks for breaking down work in next-gen projects
Hello,
You can not add a sub-task to an Agility project yet.
Can someone from JIRA tell us when this will be possible
Please Jira, tell us when we can expect this core feature. Without it, this new way of working isn't feasible..
So the Demo video shows sub-tasks in agility / next-gen projects.. Is this not in GA just yet?
@JIRA should've never released this next-gen stuff if it's clearly not ready. Can't even customize Statuses. I'm all for dummying down the platform, but c'mon, you went to far. This product is garbage until further notice.
Looks like it is the top of their agenda: https://www.atlassian.com/roadmap/jira-software.
Funny that they bought Trello, which already had sub-tasks for ages, but they thought it would be okay to bring Trello like boards in JIRA without all the essential features
Does anyone have a workaround from a process perspective without a subtask?
I think the only posible work around, would be to make that task/story an epic. Or linking the issues, but i feel like linking the issues is soooooo waterfall...
+1 for pls hurry with this feature (and following for when announced) - thx!
+1 for sub-tasks
+1 for sub-task
+8 for subtask
It's really so inconvenient:
So the one solution in new Jira view is to use what you have and accept the mess.
.....
I agree sub-tasks would be nice.
But I completely disagree with @Sorin Bica, i like that you guys are following the agile approach to software... getting something out fast for users to respond to. I've been a JIRA user for almost 10 years and I have often been looking for a less clunky project setup. Its nice to have a slimmed down option to get up and running in minutes! I fully expect features to float in as feedback becomes apparent.
Nice work guys!
Sub-Tasks are needed can't start using next-gen projects without this critical feature. Started the migration process, disappointed to see it missing.
+1 for subtask
Please, allow sub-tasks asap.
Also, I can't even create a list with checkboxes to represent a kind of sub-tasks.
I'm so disappointed.
+1
Pleeeease, allow sub-tasks !
Please, add sub-tasks.
+1 subtasks are essential, product should never be released without them. You can improve configuration and setup without taking out essential part of the SDLC!
Is there any update on when Subtasks will be implemented?
+ 1 Sub tasks.
When are they expected?
Gimme Sub-Tasks as a christmas present please...we are start a new project at the beginning of next year and i desperately need sub-tasks for it
Same for me! Dear Santa, please help us!!!
Ditto! Santa! Please!!!
+1 Please HURRY UP!
+1 for sub-tasks on "next-gen projects"
Switched back to classic Scrum project template in order to get sub-task support, but then found out that the roadmap feature is available only via next-gen projects. Sigh.
+100 for sub-tasks on "next-gen projects"
Ditto on subtasks availability being critical to next gen template.
Yo! Just does not work without sub tasks. Deleting the "Next-gen" project and going back to classic.
We are also waiting for this feature.
Next Gen needs to get its act together. Sub Tasks is such a critical part of planning. This is awful. Atlassian needs to get their act together. This is an MVP feature.
ugh I was hoping this wasn't the case but that's how I'm working around not having sub-tasks
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.