hi! we are thinking to change from share point to confluence.
My question is if it is possible to insert excel files or other documents such as a word file in confluence and in there to edit and create it in real time with my Colleagues
No, but a partial yes.
If you attach your files to Confluence, then no, you can't do collaborative editing on them. This is because the files are simply objects that need a specific editor, and that editor does not support collaborative editing.
But if you do the Word migration in full, you can. When I say "in full", I mean using Confluence to its full potential - don't attach the word docs, but import them, so they become proper Confluence pages.
That's your answer right there. We also migrated (imported) a lot of data to Confluence, so that it can be edited in Confluence.
Thanks a lot!
My supervisor assigned me to find out which of the two platforms softwares is the best to use! SharePoint or Confluence.Imagine a company with around 500-700 employees with offices around Europe.
They need the platform mainly for collaboration on different tasks and also a platform that helps you to find out easy and fast your archives and documents
.They are using share point but now they bought also Confluence. But they have to take a decision which of them is gonna be more functional.
What is your opinion?
Andreas please give me your email address? I'll give you some feedback from my own experience.
** moderated to remove email address
@Andreas Nasikas I moderated the post to remove your email address. It is generally not a very good idea to post your email address in a public forum like this.
I don't understand 'WHY' Atlassian does not address this need. There are many shops that are Microsoft based and used MS Tool (One Note, Excel, etc). I see many post on this topic in the Community board. Why don't they address this need and make Confluence easier to integrate files from MS Tools into a Confluence page (make it easy and don't just provide some type of hack)???
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.