Using JIRA, I want to assign to the Summary field a value containing the project key.
Is it possible?
hanks in advance
You'll need some code to set it as a post-function, or some javascript hack or behaviour if you want to pre-populate it in the create screen.
However, it is utterly pointless. The project key is in the issue's key already, and duplicating it in the summary just wastes space.
Thanks for your reply Nic.
It's true that the project key is in the issue's key already, vut I have to group in the Summary value, different fields, including isproject sue key or even better the project key.
The following script,stored in the Summary field description, works but it stores a fixed value in the summary field.
<script type="text/javascript">if (document.getElementById("summary").value == "") {document.getElementById("summary").value = "your default";}</script>
Is there a place where I can store a more complex script?
Thanks.
Seems like a poor requirement "group by summary value" - why aren't you using something that can sort by key?
No, there's no other place to put scripts (and I'd strongly recommend you don't do this with js hacks either). You'll need something like ScriptRunner to inject something more stable.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.