I am not clear on how to use the BitBucket migration wizard. Do I run the wizard from the old server and point to the new database? Or from the new installation pointing to the old database?
Hi Gordie,
Thanks for reaching out here.
You can use the database migration wizard by pointing from current running Bitbucket Server database to a clean new database.
Let me know if you need further clarity for this.
Kind Regards,Victor
Just to expand on Victor's response - the migration wizard is used to migrate the database only - if you want to migrate Bitbucket Server to another machine, you'd use the instructions inĀ https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/migrating-bitbucket-server-to-another-server-776640406.html
Cheers,
Christian
Premier Support Engineer
Atlassian
And just to further clarify. I run the wizard on the current (production) server and it will not modify or destroy any data on the current server, correct?
That's correct, the wizard copies the data to the target database and then reconfigured the Bitbucket instance to use that target database instead. The source database remains untouched.
Glad I asked. Actually don't want to point to a new database. I just want to copy the database to another database. When we first set up bitbucket, we went right to production. We don't have a lower environment and I am trying to set up a test environment using the same data that is currently in production. Perhaps I should just take a copy of the database instead?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.