I am using the Rest API to try and add new options to a customfield dropdown list. Currently my customfield operation is set to "set" only. Where can I change the settings in the admin tool to allow for add?
REST does not currently expose the "add option to list" functions available to Jira admins.
A few people have workarounds using post-functions or plugins that expose the function, and I'm afraid you'll need to code to do the same - it's not in the core, needs to be added.
So there isn't even a way to change this setting on the admin side to allow for the API to make these changes?
There's nothing to change settings for. The code required to expose this to REST simply isn't there.
Hi Erik,
The feature request below is tracking your use case:
It also contains a workaround which does not involve coding: using the third party plugin JIRA Customfield Editor - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/jiracustomfieldeditorplugin
Cheers,
Danilo
Hello from 2020!😀 Could you please confirm if there is still no way to set list options for custom fields using REST API?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.