Hello
I am evaluating git/BitBucket Server to replace our existing SCM. The trial version I have installed uses an internal BitBucket database, but it is recommended to move to an external database once we go to production with it.
My question is, what is stored in the external database? Is it BitBucket Server settings AND all the git data and source code?
One of our issues currently with our current SCM is that the data is also stored in external database (in this case, SQL Server running on dedicated machine) maxes out the memory (32 gig of memory and only about 20 users) and the clients become seriously bogged down, slow and at times becomes unresponsive and crashes.
I'm just wondering about performance should we move forward with BitBucket Server. Since we already paid for it (SQL Server 2014) I can almost guarantee we will not be given the OK to buy another SQL server.
Thanks
KL