We are using Jira 6.3.11
Problem started when we attempted to download, via addon page, the latest version of Intelligent Reports:
2018-10-02 15:20:21,444 UpmAsynchronousTaskManager:thread-3 ERROR paul.horton 905x19785x2 14tp65c 10.10.32.194 /rest/plugins/1.0/installed-marketplacr [rest.resources.install.InstallFromUriTask] Error downloading plugin from https://marketplace.atlassian.com/download/apps/23915/version/3000030
As a work-around, I downloaded intelligentreports-2.4.49.jar and upgraded by selecting the windows path to the download. This reported success.
With a new-found confidence, I decided to upgrade the plugin manager by the same mechanism, downloaded atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin-2.22.15.jar, and attempted to upgrade by selecting the windows path.
I can no longer access the plugin manager; clickng the add-ons tab displays Configure Application Links page, and then there were problems starting Jira properly:
2018-10-02 16:28:17,561 pool-14-thread-1 INFO paul.horton 988x21274x1 1ulchvg 10.10.32.110 /rest/plugins/self-update/1.0/ [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] Updating plugin 'com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin' from version '2.18.3' to version '2.22.15'
2018-10-02 16:28:17,561 pool-14-thread-1 INFO paul.horton 988x21274x1 1ulchvg 10.10.32.110 /rest/plugins/self-update/1.0/ [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] Disabling com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin
2018-10-02 16:28:18,430 pool-14-thread-1 INFO paul.horton 988x21274x1 1ulchvg 10.10.32.110 /rest/plugins/self-update/1.0/ [atlassian.plugin.loaders.ScanningPluginLoader] Removed plugin com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin
2018-10-02 16:28:26,020 ThreadPoolAsyncTaskExecutor::Thread 25 ERROR paul.horton 988x21274x1 1ulchvg 10.10.32.110 /rest/plugins/self-update/1.0/ [plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin] Unable to start the plugin container for plugin com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin
The basic functionality (modifying issues etc.) is still available.
Today (3/10) In an attempt to resolved I deleted the record for the new plugin from pluginvalues (there are no related tables in the schema?). I now get Unsatisfied Dependency Exception erros in the log when restarting.
Having investigated further this morning, I realise we are running an unsupported version, so it is our intention to upgrade to v7, but would appreciate any help advice in resolving this problem.
We do have backups of the database, so wondered if its possible to restore the system configuration only (while retaining the issue updates that have been made)
Alternatively, would an upgrade to Jira 7 repair the plugin configuration?
Thank You