I'm very curious why Atlassian, even after so many years, still produce user interfaces and experience that are complete and utter garbage? Are they simply that incompetent as a team?
This is not a troll post, it's a legitimate questions. Over the past 10 years, five of my businesses have used JIRA/Confluence, and although the UI/UX today is better today than it was back then, in my opinion, it's still one of the worst and poorly thought out UIs of any management system available today. My current business has 32 projects, all with custom configurations.
There are SO MANY inconsistencies everywhere. If you click the wrong option, you'll be taken from project settings to JIRA wide settings, with no intuitive way back, configuring workflows, issue types, screens, etc. is probably one of the most overly complex and poorly designed process/flows I've ever seen.
The left hand menu feels like some novice hacked it together. Every time you click something, the entire page reloads and moving around can becomes beyond frustrating as new windows are spawned and getting back to where you were is insane.
I could write a small paper on all the defects in the JIRA UI.
I really feel that Atlassian should fire their entire UI team and replace it with a competent team that understands UI/UX and can create an experience that is actually user friendly and quick to use.