Hi,
I'm new to Jira administrator function and I'd need to upgrade Jira from 7.6 to 7.12. But as I've never done that before, I'd like to test the upgrade first in a virtual server not to mess up the production system.
So my plan is to copy the whole jira system into a small test vm with needed certificates and existing jira license from the production system. If I understand correctly before letting the vm go to internet I'd need to change the license to a trial one before trying the jira test upgrade.
So is it ok to use the same server id and organization name for the test license as there is in the production system not to mess anything for the the production system? Or is there a way to clear the server id and license and ok to use a totally different trial license for this becoming small test?
Or is this allowed at all without purchasing a new license? I'm an oracle dba and have learned being very sensitive for even testing their software upgrades without licenses.
Cheers PeT