Hello.I am running a bitbucket server v5.12.0.I've created some repositories and I'd like to manually create new files.I've read the Atlassian documentation and I know that once I am in my repo I should have a "create file" option but I don't have it. Do you know why?PS: I am a bitbucket administrator
Hello,
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
I believe this is a Cloud vs Server document issue. What document did you read that said that? Bitbucket Cloud has the option to add a file in the UI. Bitbucket Server does not have the same option. I apologize for the misunderstanding here!
Regards,Aaron LevinsonDev Tools Support Engineer
I can check maybe tomorrow.
Is there a way to create a new file in bitbucket server?
If not what is the simplest way?
To directly answer your question, no. There isn't a way to commit files in the UI.
Depends on what you mean by simplest. For me the easiest way is to clone the repository to my local machine and run:
But if you aren't familiar with Git, SourceTree (or some other Git visualizer) might be easier to work with.
Yes, I am familiar.
I just wondered if I could do it through the UI.
Thanks.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.