All the attachments to issues exists, but the attachments IDs in the attachment URL do not have a matching filename in the attachments directories
I have an issue SAMP-451 that has attachments to it. The attachment ID portion of the attachment URLs do not match attachment IDs in the attachment directory for that issue.
For example, the attachment URL is
http://localhost/11544/ID%20Clearance%20Data%20Elements.docx
But the attachment directory for that issue does not have any files named 11544. Matter of fact, there is not file in the entire attachments directory named 11554. Instead I have something like:
/var/atlassian/application-data/jira/data/attachments/SAMP/1000/<span>SAMP-451/1009</span>
However, if I upload new attachments, the links work.
I don't know how this discrepancy/inconsistency happened . I have just been brought on to find a solution to the problem.
Is there any way to make JIRA use the correct attachment IDs? Or is there a way I can delete the attachments and re-upload? I have over 1000 issues.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.