After updating to 6.11.2, I get the below error when i try to create a space.
I dont see any stack trace in the logs even after setting the logging type to 'diagnostic'.
Any ideas?
Hi,
the same problem occurred on my Confluence instance after updating to 6.12.1. It seems to be caused by corrupted data in some template tables.
Solution:
DROP TABLE "AO_54C900_SPACE_BLUEPRINT_AO";DROP TABLE "AO_54C900_C_TEMPLATE_REF";DROP TABLE "AO_54C900_CONTENT_BLUEPRINT_AO";
Now creating spaces should work again.
The logs will have caught some form of error at this point, you will need to read them to find out what the problem is.
Thanks for replying nic.
I attempted to create a space 3 times and i have 3 distinct logs for each attempt. No crash logs like i mentioned before.
2018-09-30 10:20:08,813 WARN [http-nio2-8081-exec-54] [confluence.impl.hibernate.ConfluenceHibernateTransactionManager] doRollback Performing rollback. Transactions:
->[PluginReadWriteTx]: PROPAGATION_REQUIRED,ISOLATION_DEFAULT (Session #227939952)
-- referer: https://CONFLUENCE_URL/confluence/spacedirectory/view.action | url: /confluence/rest/create-dialog/1.0/space-blueprint/dialog/web-items | traceId: 6a7051aef2c5be75 | userName: CONFLUENCE_USER
2018-09-30 10:20:11,512 WARN [http-nio2-8081-exec-52] [confluence.impl.hibernate.ConfluenceHibernateTransactionManager] doRollback Performing rollback. Transactions:
->[PluginReadWriteTx]: PROPAGATION_REQUIRED,ISOLATION_DEFAULT (Session #1631217962)
-- referer: https://CONFLUENCE_URL/confluence/spacedirectory/view.action | url: /confluence/rest/create-dialog/1.0/space-blueprint/dialog/web-items | traceId: 34a229cecbb36645 | userName: CONFLUENCE_USER
2018-09-30 10:20:13,932 WARN [http-nio2-8081-exec-49] [confluence.impl.hibernate.ConfluenceHibernateTransactionManager] doRollback Performing rollback. Transactions:
->[PluginReadWriteTx]: PROPAGATION_REQUIRED,ISOLATION_DEFAULT (Session #1599606007)
-- referer: https://CONFLUENCE_URL/confluence/spacedirectory/view.action | url: /confluence/rest/create-dialog/1.0/space-blueprint/dialog/web-items | traceId: 174ff0fc175b2f0d | userName: CONFLUENCE_USER
That looks to me like you have your database set up incorrectly.
The application logs should have full related errors (stop looking for "crashes", you need to see the warnings and errors) that can confirm that.
I have no trouble with the other functionality (that i would imagine is DB related). I dont see anything *in the logs* related to this action.
Same issue here. Confluence 6.12.0, Postgres 9.6, disabled collaborative editing to get page create/edit working again, but still cannot create a space using UI features. The direct link Evgeny describes works for us.
Perfect work! Thank you!
Hi Julian,
confirmed that your resolution works as a charm.
Thank you for your great work
@Julian Rdnzit worked. Thank you so much for sharing!
Atlassian Engineer shared the following: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/creating-new-page-or-space-loads-forever-744329880.html
Thank you @Andy Heinzer!
To anyone reading this thread, it's actually a bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-57943 Fortunately, it's already fixed on versions 6.15.3, 6.13.5, 6.15.4 so we recommend upgrading to such versions or later.
We are facing this issue after upgrading to 6.15.2. Just did the upgrade last week in Production @Artur J
Hi, i would like to share this resolution to anyone who might need this.
I've upgraded Confluence version 6 to the latest which is 7.5.1 but after the update I can't create new spaces. I followed the suggestions above about dropping tables but it was no avail...
I spend 2 days trying to figure this out and what helped me is this resolution:https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/create-page-space-loads-forever-due-to-wst-timezone-set-in-server-installation-date-759989578.html?_ga=2.72181782.448273411.1593857204-1040913564.1593857204
Thank God, this worked like a charm! After many trials I've never known that the problem only is with the installation date.
Thank you! This saved my day.
Little different situation but our Confluence database got migrated from MySQL to Postgres.
After migration, I'm not able to create a new space.
But I found out that our system installation date showed null.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.