I have an excel (project plan) with 6 levels of hierarchy (using group function). I would like to import this to a jira structure (template). How do I accomplish this?
Hi AJ,
Thanks for your post.
I might be able to help you but first I need a bit more information. What do the Groups represent? Fields, Issues, Folders or other?
I look forward to assisting you.
Best Regards,
Vlad
ALM Works
Thanks Vlad.
Basically I have a spreadsheet with about 600 lines of tasks (issues). I have grouped them together to represent subtasks, tasks, stories, epics, etc. If I can just import the 600 tasks and able to say what project type (subtasks, tasks, stories, epics), rest of the hierarchy I can manage manually.
Thanks for clarifying.
Sounds like you should be able to do this using Jira's CSV Import functionality. Please click on the following link to learn more about Importing data from CSV. (Please be sure to select the right Jira Server Version.)
Once the Issues are in Jira, you will be able to visualize them using Structure.
I hope this helps. Otherwise, please let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks. I will try that. What field should I use so that they all show up under one structure? Is there a structure ID or structure name or something else?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.