Hello,
When we create a space it gives an error saying "Unknown server error has occurred".
Please help to troubleshoot and fix the issue.
I need to release the server asap.
-Thanks
Krishna
Hi Krishna,
do you see any errors in the Confluence server application log?
This normally gives a good hint on the issue.
Best
JP
Hi,
the same problem occurred on my Confluence instance after updating to 6.12.1. It seems to be caused by corrupted data in some template tables.
Solution:
Backup database or even better the whole system ( VM snapshot / XM backup ). You better try this on your staging / dev system!
Shutdown Confluence
Delete tables:
DROP TABLE "AO_54C900_SPACE_BLUEPRINT_AO";DROP TABLE "AO_54C900_C_TEMPLATE_REF";DROP TABLE "AO_54C900_CONTENT_BLUEPRINT_AO";
Clean plugin cache: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-clear-confluence-plugins-cache-297664846.html
Restart Confluence.
Now creating spaces should work again.
Hi Julian,
your steps resolved an issue in my dev environment which is great.
However, i need to understand the impact of dropping those tables before i implement in our prod environment.
Are you able to elaborate?
@Paul Fechner Absolutely. This will delete your own custom templates ( page templates, blueprints and space templates ).
Administration > Global Templates and Blueprints. You will see that some templates, even some native Confluence templates, are missing here.
It seems there is a bug in Confluence which causes inconsistencies in those tables, but I don't know what exactly happens here.
I was unable to create a space with the same error An unknown server error has occured.
This was a problem with the sql_mode parameter in mysql database.
The value was set to 'NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO'. This is not good.
I modified the my.cnf configuration file of mysql, I added : sql_mode=''
Restart mysql server
Restart Confluence and the error is gone on my server instance.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.