I want to be able to auto assign a component is it is created by any member of a specific group. Is this possible?
Not out of the box. I don't know of any plugin that would do it. If there is one it would probably be tied to what project role or group the user was in, not the actual user id.
Hello Unnati,
You can use the plugin Automation Lite For JIRA (Free for 300 executions per month) to achieve this functionality with a simple rule:
I think if you use the default automation you can create something like this.
It states when an issue is created and the reporter is raynard.rhodes then change the component to Active Directory. You can modify this how you need. Please let me know if this is what you need.
Also it seems you mentioned a specific group. For specific group the "IF" condition can be changed to
reporter IN membersOf("Specific-Group-Name")
Thanks, let me try that!
writing creator = Unnati doesn't do the trick
it states -
The following issues did not match the condition:DOM-9621
Actually, you must add your username to the field creator. Is your username displaying as Unnati?
You can confirm it by navigating to your site administration and checking in the Users tab.
How do I access Jira's default automation?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.