Hi
I have firefox set such that it opens PDFs with an external app. I don't use firefox buildin previewer.
When I try to open the following link (note the preview in the URL)
https://workspace.nottingham.ac.uk/display/Maths/Teaching+and+Timetabling?preview=%2F90049570%2F273984579%2FProcedure+for+Introducing+and+Modifying+a+Course+or+Module.pdf
Firefox just hangs there with greyed out screen and spinning wait cursor forever.
PDFs from other websites never give problems. It also works fine under Opera and Chrome, which use their default config and their buildin preview.
Mark
Hello, Mark.
One of the best ways to understand what the browser was trying to do when you try to open the link is to use the web developer tools to view the web requests that are being done. For example, this is what I am seeing on my end when trying to open the link on Firefox:
You also mentioned that you are using an external application to open the pdf file. Can you please share it here? I just want to see if this issue is specific to the add-on not playing nice with Confluence on Firefox specifically versus Chrome and Opera's default config. Thanks.
Thanks for looking into this.
I attach two tabs from the webdeveloper tools above.
I have tried Acroread, okular, as well as the "Save File" as the PDF association in firefox. In all cases it hangs.
Hi, Mark.
You are welcome. As per the following statement:
as well as the "Save File" as the PDF association in firefox
I would assume that you were unable to even save / preview the file in Firefox itself. I could not reproduce the issue on my end so far using 6.11.0 as the .pdf gets previewed and downloaded properly.
Meanwhile, are you able to view the pdf from the Attachment page itself instead of trying to view it from the page itself?
Is this also happening to all pdf files in every pages in your Confluence instance?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.