I have a request from a User for a Confluence REST API token. Can I create a REST API token in Confluence 6.10 Data center? I am a new administrator for Confluence. Thanks,
There is no token-based auth for Confluence Server or Data Center.
The relevant docs are a bit outdated, but this is still valid: https://developer.atlassian.com/server/confluence/using-the-rest-apis-prototype-only/
You may find following App relevant: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221350/api-tokens-for-confluence?hosting=server&tab=overview
@Yves Martin thanks for pointing to my app
@Bill Brinkley right now I'm on a halfway to get DC approval, so you can click watch app to be notified on new DC approved release
P.S. feel free to ask any question
Hi Bill,
this may be too old now for you to benefit - however it may still be worth someone who stumbles across this topic.
We have released a 3rd party App that implements the API Token Concept in Confluence & Jira.
It's available for both Server & Data-Center. It also has some additional security features (blocking normal basic auth, IP address restrictions, etc) that some people may find interesting.
Cheers,Chris
P.S. Full disclosure, I work for resolution, a marketplace vendor.
Btw, DC approval is done and available on the marketplace API Tokens for Confluence Data Center
For future visitors, Personal Access Tokens have been part of Confluence Data Center since 7.9.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/enterprise/using-personal-access-tokens-1026032365.html
This was true then, but now Confluence 7.9 and later have Personal Auth tokens.
This helped - https://confluence.atlassian.com/enterprise/using-personal-access-tokens-1026032365.html
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.