Hi Expert,
Currently I have upgraded jira version 4.0.2 to 6.2.3.
could you please tell me how can I restart jira use the Start Menu options?
ThanksMohin
Look at the documentation - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Installing+JIRA+on+Windows#InstallingJIRAonWindows-2.StartingJIRA
I can's see the following options in my start menu.
The Installer will have created the following Windows 'Start' menu shortcuts:
How did you install it? The standard windows installer will add these. If you go via some other method, it won't
Recently I have upgraded from 4.0.2 to 6.2.3.when I have used previous version(4.0.2) then I just just use the Start Menu options Start --> Programs --> Jira --> Start / Stop.
Can I add thses option to start menu under new version.For other method how can I restart the jira.
Depending on how you upgraded JIRA the menu shortcuts might not be created or if you installed JIRA as another user the shortcuts may be available only in the user's start menu.
You've got the option to start JIRA from command prompt also. Or if you installed JIRA as a service you can just start the service.
Nic do you know if it's safe to re-run the installer so it will eventually create these shortcuts ? Is there a chance to break the existing installation doing that ?
Boris did you mean the following files should I need to run for start/stop jira on cmd
Enter the bin subdirectory of your JIRA installation directory and run the appropriate file:
bin
start-jira.bat
stop-jira.bat
If you followed our guidelines for running JIRA with a dedicated user account, then to run JIRA as this user account (e.g. 'jira'), use therunas command to execute start-jira.bat. For example:
runas
runas /env /user:<DOMAIN>\jira start-jira.bat
<DOMAIN>
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.