Hello All -
Is it possible to create a task in Jira automatically on daily basis ? We have daily production support activity and team creates issue tasks everyday manually in Jira. I was wondering if there is a way of creating a task automatically in Jira and assigning it to a specific user ?
thank you for your help.
FJiwani
Out of the box, I don't think so.
We have this setup, however it involves using a paid add-on Script Runner (which also does much much more).
If you're interested let me know and I can share the details.
Else, maybe you can have a look at free add-ons at:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/
Cheers
Hello,
You would need to use a plugin for it.
For example, you could use the Power Scripts add-on:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/43318/power-scripts-jira-script-automation?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
You can create a script to create a task:
https://confluence.cprime.io/display/SIL/createIssue
And run this script as a job:
https://confluence.cprime.io/display/SIL/runJobAt
Great Info. Thank you all. I will check with our Jira Admin to see if we can implement this.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.