This week I upgraded our live Confluence environment to latest as I believe we were approaching end of life for the version we were on. I had a surprise when I found out about the Synchrony / Collaborative Editing functionality. It sounds very nice and fancy, but right now it's stopping my company from editing wiki documents.
Our server is configured in front of a proxy, which I know is part of the complication, but when I go into the admin page to try and disable Synchrony I get an error stating "Something went wrong. Please try again." So I obviously don't want to use Synchrony because it isn't working but I also can't disable Sychrony because the server isn't working. This seems like a catch 22.
I'd love the opportunity to plan for enabling Synchrony on our own time table, but how can I disable it now (DB setting, or config file) until I can configure it properly.