The default in service desk for when a ticket is created seems to be "Share with (Group Name". Is it possible to set this default to 'Share with No One'
@Craig Doran, what do you mean by share with group? Are you saying that a group of users are added to the watchers or participant fields or something else. There isn’t any default to do this so I suspect that maybe there is some configuration or automation set up in your project. But I may be missing you point here.
Hi Jack
I have a group of customers all added to a GROUP.
When one customer creates a request at the bottom of the request ticket there is Share With option. It is defaulted to Share with group but customer can use drop down list to Share With No One. I find that customers in a group don't necessarily want to get everyone elses request tickets. But unless each customer changes this default share with setting, they each get the ticket
Ok so yes that is associated with the Participant field. Check to see if the field is set with a default as follows: project > project settings > request types and edit fields on one of the request types to see if share with is listed and defaulted.
Hi Jack. Yes I had already looked there but the share field does not appear when you select Edit Fields against a request type
Hello, about the option to share the ticket with other users, it turns out that by default when we are creating tickets, it is shared with a default user different from the creator, for example it is shared with client1, and when we delete that user (client1), we no longer allows creating tickets and shows error because it cannot find the user with whom it is shared by default. Could you please help me see where I should check to remove the default user. Thank you
Hi Craig, I believe this has since been fixed. You can now change the default value for whom the ticket is shared with from being the Organisation of the customer to "No one". The easiest way to do that is to go to "Project settings"> "Customer permissions" and then click on the hyperlink that says "Change the Global settings".
Then, you can change the "should new requests automatically be shared with a customer's organization?" to "No, don't share . . .". This then changes the default value in the share with.
Does this solve your problem? The final output is that it defaults to "No one".
Thanks,
Jehan
I couldn't find this setting based on the above instructions. However, it was useful as I knew it must be there somewhere. It may have moved.
I went to:
Thank you, Jehan! Your direction worked perfectly!! This is a great solution.
is it possible to prevent the customer from changing this setting while opening a ticket
You can always remove someone from an Organization if they are in one or modify the ticket creation settings in the previous screenshot/comment above (made by Duncan Hann) ^^
the customer should stay in the organization and we have set the default parameter to "automatically share... with organization", however the customer can still change it to "no one" manually while creating the ticket.
we need all tickets to be visible by all organization reporters.
Awesome Jehan, That's exactly what I was looking for.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.