Hi,
I am using JIRA on premises version. We used to logged in into jira using ADFS (Active directory) login
We develop custom tools to connect jira and import issue from excel. it was working fine.
Now, we move to DMZ server (public domain) , this DMZ server is outside our intranet and now when I pass my ADFS credential to DMZ server, DMZ server try to connect ADFS but due to security reason jira server unable to connect my org. AD server. due to that I am getting "Unauthorized (401)" error.
Same time, I notice, within VPN I can access jira thru web browser like chrome, IE, etc.
I have learnt, when I try to access my jira thru chrome, we have SSO plug-in install on JIRA. which connect to ADFS as I am in VPN and get authenticated myself. I guess after connecting to ADFS, I got some kind of token which token web browser pass it to JIRA server. JIRA server send me positive response.
Correct me if understanding is not correct. if its correct. Can I use SSO with my custom tool? How can I implement SSO within my custom application which connect JIRA.
-Dhaval M.