I have been trying to pull in some data from cvs into Jira. Most things work perfectly, but I have a couple of significant problems with the "Description" field.
- In the fields I am importing, a dot "." appears as part of some of the field names. On import, the "." is sometimes interpreted as a command (most often, turning the succeeding text bold--even though we aren't talking about ".b" or ".B").
- I have not figured out how to import CRs. What exists as a CR in the CVS file gets ignored (turned to a space?) on import. This messes up the specific data.
Is there a list of reserved symbols and which to escape how?
Even better, is there a way, similar to HTML's <code> tag, so simply mark the contents of a field as "treat this literally" so that I don't have to massage the text and potentially introduce new problems?
Many thanks,
ari