I have a project that that uses a perm scheme to lock down certain Issue perms (i.e. Assignable User). I've created several Project Roles and added Groups to those project roles. For example, my "Corporate Staff" project role includes the IT group, HR group, Finance group.
When I set the Assignable Users permission to use the Corporate Staff project role, none of the users show up when you try to assign an issue to them. Only users in the Administrators project role show up in the user picker list.
If I change the permission scheme to use those individual groups (IT, HR Finance), the users will show up in the user picker list.
- Running Jira v7.12.1 server
- Global perms: Browse Users = Anyone
- I've made sure that AD is synced with Jira.
Any ideas why Project Roles (other than the default Administrators role) will not work with my Permission Scheme?
UPDATE
The default users/groups in each Project Role are not showing up when I view the project roles inside the project admin section in the Users and Roles area. If I add users to Project Roles from within the project admin area, they will show up on the user picker lists.
So this appears to be a problem with setting the default users/groups in the Project Roles from the SYSTEM tab. I'm guessing I have a permission that is not setup correctly. Does this ring a bell for anyone?