Hello,
I am trying to follow thru a sample code to develop a Bitbucket plugin for pre receive hook, and run into a problem. Hopefully someone can help me out.
I tried to follow the sample here: https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/bitbucket-server-example-plugins/src/9e1728cfab668ab0f8c1c4ada507994dffa5b5e6/hooks-guide/src/main/java/com/atlassian/bitbucket/server/examples/WorkInProgressHook.java?at=master&fileviewer=file-view-default
I was able to compile the plugin, and installed it into Bitbucket. When I did the commit with 'Work in progress' in commit message using Git client, and pushed to Bitbucket main repo, it is working as expected. When I did the commit via the Bitbucket UI with those keywords in commit message, I also got the reject. However, the error message is not the error message placed in the pre-commit code. Instead, it says:
"You don't have write permissions for this branch
You must create a pull request to commit this change."
I did not set any permission in the branch which results in this error. I think there's something wrong here where the error message from the code is not associated with the Bitbucket error message. Can someone advise if I am missing something here?
Thanks.