Hello.
I have installed BitBucket Server trial and am trying to set up a repository. You'll have to forgive me, I have only been testing out Git for a week or so, my small company would like to move to a different SCM (Not hosted, need a "central repository", BitBucket seems perfect since we are now considering Git).
Anyway, I'm going through all the motions and set up my Admin account (so far, only account for this instance). I went through the instructions on the "You have an empty repository" page:
My code is ready to be pushed
If you already have code ready to be pushed to this repository then run this in your terminal.
cd existing-project
git init
git add --all
git commit -m "Initial Commit"
git remote add origin http://localhost:7990/scm/bit/baselinebbtest1.git
git push -u origin master
I did exactly this but when I do the push, I initially got a window for authentication - so I entered my Admin username/password but I got this anyway, and every time I do a push I get it:
$ git push -u origin master
fatal: Authentication failed for 'http://localhost:7990/scm/bit/baselinebbtest1.git/'
Any help you can provide would be fantastic.