I'm helping my organization transition from Charter and Scope documents to Jira. We are a very controlled environment (which I'm working on) and the PMO would like to be able to have our business stakeholders approve the work items before development can begin.
This is the ask...
1. Business Analysts create Epics and Stories
2. Once reviewed with the Project Team, approval is sent out to a list of approvers (which changes with each project)
3. Approvers must either 1) approve the Epic and have that approval cascade down to the associated Stories; or 2) approve each work item (Epic and Story) and have this approval captured in the work item (approver and approveDate)
4. Once all approvals have been received, then development can begin.
This is not the way that I would want this process to work but in an effort to get my business stakeholders and PMO on board with using Jira, I have to make some concessions.
I've also thought about exporting the issue list for a project in to Confluence and creating some kind of approval flow around that, but, it doesn't live on within the issue itself.
Any help would be incredibly appreciated!