Hi,
Because of the flexibility provided in jira, it can be used for many other scenarios apart from issue tracking.
We have one scenario of having a project portfolio details in JIRA. There will be multiple projects. The project lead will create a new issue inside a project which will consist of project details. Based on the issue created different reports are produced. Here we are not tracking any bugs or issues inside projects. This is purely being used as a project management system here.
The main problem here is that, the user should not be able to create 2nd issue in the project once the first issue is created. This for the reason that a project can consist of only 1 project details issue.
One option I am trying is, I have created 2 permissions schemes
1st Permission Scheme : User have create issue permission
2nd Permission Scheme : User does not have create issue permission
Now when the user creates first issue in the project, I am running a script on the "Create" post funtion in a workflow which will change the permission shceme to the 2nd one. Here user does not have create issue permission and hence he will not be able to create any issue inside that project again.
Now When I create the first issue in the project, as per the logic written in the workflow, the issue should be created and the permission scheme should get changed to the 2nd permission scheme.
Issue is getting created, even the permission scheme is getting changed, however as soon as the user presses create button he gets an error stating "You do not have permission to create issue in this project". Though, the issue gets created internally. I can understand that this is happening due to the change in the permission scheme, but the permission sheme is being changed after the issue is getting created, then why this error is being shown to the user.
Is there any other alternative I can try to achieve the same?
Please find the attached files.

