I am not able to find the "Creator" option to be mapped in the csv import.
When the issue is imported, the logged in user is by default the creator of all the issues that gets imported. I want to set this to a particular user instead.
Hi @[deleted],
This is expected by design itself. The issue creator is always set to the logged in user who actually perform the "issue create" operation and it cannot be changed (immutable).
It would be a good idea to import CSV files as an admin user like 'admin' or 'automation'.
For reference, you can see JRASERVER-62308.
Thanks,Ram.
Hello @Rambabu Patina {Appfire},
Thanks for the reply.
I am coming here from the reference you have mentioned. I cant understand why the creator cannot be provided manually.
Also wanted to check if there is any workaround possible (lets say Bulk edit, etc)
Regards,
Solomon Cherian
You can change the reporter and assignee but not the creator. Unfortunately by design changing the creator option is not allowed in Jira and there is no workaround for it.
(slightly old thread but)... the original creation date and time gets imported in the history log.It's so painful moving projects and their issues between cloud tenants.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.