I am installing confluence on a single node of AWS, and I am curious if by default the instance of confluence will be behind an apache server: Trying to follow the instructions outlined here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/confluence-evaluator-resources/confluence-mixing-public-facing-without-login-articles-and-internal-content?_ga=2.75504786.66127577.1537204989-774349336.1525122455
Hi @Jeffrey Bistrong,
By default its Nginx if you're using cloud formation.
atlassian-aws-deployment
but the template can be update to use apache instead.
@Edwin Kyalangalilwa thanks for the reply, bit of a newbie here. I will be using the server license of confluence and will be installing it on a single node of the AWS. Does your answer still apply, and could you point me in the right direction regarding instructions to do this.
@Jeffrey Bistrong,
Got it. By default it won't be behind an apache server. You'll have to install apache separately forwarding traffic to Confluence's 8090 port.
This will be helpful. Proxying Atlassian server applications with Apache HTTP Server
Apache isn't required to allow anonymous access. You'll have to enable anonymous access on the site level
and also at space level.
Enabling site level doesn't enable for each space. Setting Up Public Access
@Edwin Kyalangalilwa I am in the process of doing the installation on AWS, and I am curious if, confluence will be hosted behind apache, if I need to install confluence in a specific apache directory or the standard location?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.