Currently my team completes orders that are added to a excel sheet that we can update. I am wondering how we can update this to use Confluence. Or even access this via Confluence.
Hi there, Charles.
While the default feature in Confluence allows you to upload Excel documents as mentioned here - upload and display files, you can utilize the feature to edit the file with the Companion app as well:
For example, click on the uploaded excel file on the Confluence page and you should see this. Click on Edit with >> Edit with Excel:
The Excel application will automatically open and this will be shown on your Confluence UI while you are editing the file:
Once you make changes to the file and Save it. Go back to the Confluence UI and upload the latest copy of the file:
The updated file will be shown on the page.
Pretty awesome, isn't it? I suggest you to give it a try and let me know how it goes on your end.
Thank you. This is what I was looking for but also brings up another question. I am guessing I do not have the Companion app installed and I am not an Admin. Is there a place I could go to try and download this to see if I even can without help from the IT folks? Thanks for your help.
Hi, Charles.
You are most welcome. By default, you should be able to download it when you get prompted for for it when you try to edit the file from Confluence. Can you please confirm if you are able to download it, install and utilize it from your end?
I do not even have the edit option. Am I uploading these incorrectly?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.