I am having a couple of requests from our customers that are not really satisfied with pasting google sheet doc links in descriptions/comments or uploading .xls files in attachments. They would like to be able to somehow preview the data inside the JIRA Issue Detailed view. Is there any way how to achieve this? Perhaps a sub-section under attachments that automatically identifies that it is a table type of document and creates a 'view' of that.
Hello @Matúš Klaudíny,
JIRA server have HTML macro setting. For security reasons, it is not available by default. To make it available, please follow this document: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-enable-html-in-jira-text-fields-771895067.html
Make sure it could potentially make your JIRA system vulnerable to Cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks as mentioned in the document.
After enabled HTML macro, please put google spreadsheet iframe tag between {html} then you can see spreadsheet inside the description.
That is a great suggestion, however, I am struggling with the google spreadsheet iframe width! I even set it up the 100% still ending up with a field that is like 35% width of its full potential inside the issue detailed view.
Hi @Matúš Klaudíny,
I'm not sure what are you really want but the width of spreadsheet depends on the content as I attached.
That is not my case but i have found a workaround. Thank you!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.