I'm in need of some assistance with a migration dilemma. We are currently migrating a Jira instance that is on 6.4.11 and need to move it onto a new box because there is not enough space to upgrade the instance and they're not going to add more space.
So, we have created a new box, mirrored all versions of the existing instance including add-ons and are in the process of migrating the issues and attachments over. From there, we intend to upgrade systematically until we reach 7.3.3.
Now, we are doing this as a test first to identify any issues prior to the expiration of the servicing, but I really do not want to go through this again in 2 weeks if I can avoid it. I'd rather just pull anything new or updated from the old instance and import it into the new instance. I'm not sure if this is possible, so, I'm asking the experts (THAT's YOU ALL) if there are any options.
I'm working with roughly 158K issues and 50GB of attachments. Thoughts?
Any help is always greatly appreciated.