Hi, I'm hoping this is a simple oversight on my behalf.
In Jira Software
We need to export our existing Open Issues, modify a few fields, and then reimport them back in.
- We can export to CSV successfully.
- We can import from the CSV in External System Import
- Issue Key - Is mapped correctly
- Undesired result:
- "4 of 4 issues have been skipped because they already exist in destination projects."
- Desired Result:
The documentation says the existing Issue should be updating.
What are we missing? Is this a bug? I thought this worked last night during a basic test. I am testing this again today to ensure that we are getting the desired results. I thought this would be a quick test, but it has me scratching my head for the past 2 hours after doing searches.
Please help.
=============UPDATE 20180918 (a few hours later):
I was able to update the custom field by importing, some interesting findings for success:
- Remove the 'Issue Id' values from the CSV
- Leaving the Issue Key intact
- Remove the 'Custom field (Rank)' values from CSV
- I get a response of "1 projects and 0 issues imported successfully!"
- so there is no record of the values updating
- when I look at the Board it shows my custom score fields have been updated.
- Something tells me this is not quite right