Hi,
I have a problem with sending emails to customer. I think it has something to do with project permissions but I have no idea what is wrong.
Configuration shortcut:
- Jira Service Desk project named Support X
- UserA
- UserB
- Mail handler monitoring mail box: support@mycompany.com
- Mail handler is creating issues in Jira Service Desk project Support X when something appears in support@mycompany.com
The reason why we are using such solution is complicated. If necessary I will explain that.
Scenario 1:
- UserA is member of Administrators group in project SupportX
- He is sending email to support@mycompany.com
- Ticket is created.
- When Service Desk Team member creates comment for this issue, the UserA receives email with this comment.
- UserB is member of Service Desk Customers group in SupportX
- He is sending email to support@mycompany.com
- Ticket is created.
- When Service Desk Team member creates comment for this issue, the UserB do not receive email with this comment.
Scenario 2:
I've changed the users between groups and it seems that users in Service Desk Customers do not receive emails.
Additional info:
- In application log there is no information about creating mail when UserB is in Service Desk Customers group so it is not mail server problem. UserB receives emails when in Administrator group.
- Both users have application access according to this information: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Why-do-users-need-application-access-to-create-issues-in-JIRA-7/qaq-p/414977
- I have added UserB to project permissions:
- Create issues
- Add comments
- Create attachments
- In fact I have tried to add this user to all positions but it still not working.
- Notification helper says that UserB received notifications about adding comment to issue.
UserB needs to receive emails with notifications but I don't want to add him to Administrator group. He needs to be in Service Desk Customers group.
Regards
--
Seweryn