I want to assign a task to a person in Jira and send an email to that person so that they can decide to approve the task on the tool.How shall I do that?Your help will be deeply appreciated.
Hi @Mathana Madasamy Ravi Nadar
I don't know if it will help you but what i have done for my customer is when the issue reach a specific status i put the assignee field empty automaticcaly, fill a group picker field and send to this group a mail after that people of the group can decide wich one will take the task.
Regards
Hi @Mohamed Benziane,can I have some links of relevant readings that I look at, beginning from assigning the task to sending the email?
Will this be Good?:) ->https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/add-assign-and-view-tasks-590260030.html
@Mathana Madasamy Ravi Nadar
Your link it about confluence and not jira.
Here a link to auto assign a issue. Who have to do it in the workflow.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-automatically-change-the-assignee-when-transitioning-the-workflow-705954603.html
I am unable to do these steps on Jira:
And is it possible to send an email to notify the assignee?
Thank you.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.