For whatever reason JIRA is not sending out any notifications by email. I have checked my email settings and they are correct (sending a test email work perfectly) and my notification scheme is set to the default one (for all my projects). I took a look at the log but dont see anything in there that would cause this behavior... What else should I check as this is driving me insane...
Have you checked your mail Queue? (Administration > Mail Queue, under System right down the bottom)
When you do something in Jira which sends an email you should see it turn up in the Mail Queue before the scheduler picks it up.
Is there anything in the Error Queue?
Have you also checked your mail service is running & how often? Administration > services.
Mail Queue Servicecom.atlassian.jira.service.services.mail.MailQueueService
What's the figure on the right hand side? That's how many minutes between activations & clearing out the Mail Queue.
If you have modified your workflows or created a new workflow, you should verify that the Events you are triggering are represented in your Notification Scheme.
Do you have anything in the mail queue? If so, can you flush it manually? Are there any errors? Is this a new problem ie did they used to work?
Sometimes our Mail Service stops - we haven't managed to figure out why (although we suspect it may be related to a plugin). We can still manually flush emails and there are no errors but they don't get sent automatically. It also affects other services eg Jelly. If you've the same problem it's fixed by a restart.
(I guess I don't type as fast as fast as Matthew!)
I know the feeling... the 1st answer wasn't there when I started!
Wow my mail queue has like 400 items in it. why arent they being sent out? Error queue is 0
I am afraid to send out 480 emails at the same time (some going to my clients). Anyway to clear this out and start from scratch?
Did you check the mail service? Is it running?
A server restart? This says they are held in memory.
http://forums.atlassian.com/message.jspa?messageID=257358474
Did you also get any out of memory exceptions? http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Mail+Queue+Must+Be+Flushed+Manually+due+to+OutOfMemoryException
Have you added any new plugins recently? We had a plugin that blocked the services from running and caused the same thing.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.