I'm sorry if this is already asked a dozen times, but I couldn't find answers to my questions here via Google, that may be because it's both too broad and too specific (and because I don't have a lot of experience with SSL and website-hosting)
Context: I have a server with Jira, Confluence and PostGreSQL Databases for both. I can access Confluence via Localhost:8090 and Jira via https://localhost:8443 (got ssl for jira working), using Jira 7.12, Confluence 6.11 and Postgres 9.3 Databases.
I can't access Jira nor Confluence from within the company network, even though i can see then in the network panel and remote access those virtual machines(from and to them).
Goal: I want to access both sites from a)outsite of localhost(company network) and b) outsite the company network.
Question(s): What do i need to change to make that possible? open ports, if so, which? Use Apache for a proxy and less headaches? Is there a better guide to get SSL running on confluence than this? https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/running-confluence-over-ssl-or-https-161203.html
How do I add them to an existing URL (https://exampleURL.com/Jira or https://exampleURL.com/Confluence)
Thanks in advance for all your help, every bit is appreciated.
Bernd Le