Our jira license is to be renewed (the mainteninance is ending on october 18).For years we have been using a version that is no longer supported.I wonder what would happen if we decide not to renew the license immediately but to proceed in a few months to proceed with the upgrade of the new version?Should we pay as mainteinance or as a new license?I am already aware of the increase in costs that will occur from October 12th.
Hi @Chiara Squilloni,
you have to keep in mind that a license renewal (for Server, not Datacenter) is 50% cheaper than a first time purchase, so it would not be interesting for you budget-wise to not renew.
If you chose to wait a few months, you would not be eligible for the "renewal discount" as it would be considered a first time purchase.
Let me know if you have any questions,
--Alexis
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.