I'm trying to install Stash on an Ubuntu and since our company uses remote workers we are going to put the server on the internet. For some testing I set up an Ubuntu VM and installed all requirements, GIT, JAVA etc. I also installed apache and tomcat for web servers. After all of that was set up I hit the local IP address of the server to see if I was getting a response and to test that it was online.
My thinking was that I could then make the /var/www directory the stash home directory that is required during the install. When I did this, Stash installed correct and I was able to access it from localhost:7990 on the Ubuntu VM I could not get it it by using the IP address of the VM.
Now I just got Stash to the setup phase and didn't go through setup when I couldn't get to Stash from the IP. Do I need to go through set up or did I mess up in my process of trying to install Stash into the /var/www directory?
I would like to make stash available at
stash.ourdomain.com so that our remote resources can use the server as well.
Thanks.