I would like to restrict movement of children tasks that are linked to parent tasks, so that they cannot move to a column passed the parent task.
is this possible and how can i achieve this?
Thanks
Hello,
Columns are tied to workflow statuses. That is why all you have to do it to create conditions for transitions of the issue workflow to validate, if an issue can be transitioned according to your requirements.
You would need an add-on for it. There are a few add-ons in the marketplace, which can help you.
For example, you can use the Power Scripts add-on:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/43318/power-scripts-jira-script-automation?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
Thanks but unfortunately I do not have authorization from my work to buy add ons, is there by any chance a way to jerry-rig a condition of a transition?
Thanks again
It is not possible out of the box. You could develop your own add-on.
Oh I see, thanks so much for the help in any case.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.