After installing confluence server I started the setup in my webbrowser. No problem with the licensing, but then when it comes to the database setup, I run into an error.
I get the following error in the server log, no visual information in my browser.
The following error messages are shown several times:
Error creating bean with name 'tenantedTransactionManager' defined in class path resource [databaseSubsystemContext.xml]
Cannot call sendError() after the response has been committed
Confluence is vacant, a call to tenanted [public abstract org.hibernate.Session org.hibernate.SessionFactory.getCurrentSession() throws org.hibernate.HibernateException] is not allowed.
That happens when selecting Built-In Database and PostgreSQL. I tried several versions (6.11.1, 6.11.0 and 6.6.8) all in archive tar.gz and in Linux x64 installer (I am using Debian 9 x64), I tried oracle jdk + jre 1.8u181 and the built in jre from the confluence installer. I tried another port (verified ports are not already used).
I found the error here, but that is not the problem, I can ping localhost, I tried to use 127.0.0.1 as well, PostgreSQL DB connection test is successfull, write permissions are set as described in the installation guide.
I came along this article with a 10 points checklist which I went through. Those are no problems either.
Additionally, I have Jira Software and Bitbucket (both Server) installed on the same machine first tested with built in DB and now running fine with PostgreSQL. So I am very confused why Confluence is not starting up as expected. It took just a little time to of set up and now both are running fine.
I created a new linux user for confluence to make sure there is no problem with my current user (e.g. some special settings I am missing), but that creates the same error message.
I don't know what I should try next, I cant figure it out on my own. So any help is appriciated.
Thanks in advance