There is this Confluence user, username "jane doe", that cannot be deleted or disabled. Clicking on the relevant buttons brings up the confirmation page, then after clicking on Yes it goes back to the users page, without any error message and without deleting/disabling the user.
This user is from the Jira internal directory. However, when I look in Jira, there is only one user "jdoe". In Confluence there are two: "jdoe" and "jane doe". All of them have the same email.
Because of this, the user cannot login. When she tries she gets this error:
org.springframework.dao.IncorrectResultSizeDataAccessException: query did not return a unique result: 2
at org.springframework.orm.hibernate.SessionFactoryUtils.convertHibernateAccessException(SessionFactoryUtils.java:590)
I cannot modify any detail of "jane doe" because when I try to do so her username appears as "jane+doe" in the Edit User page. Then when trying to save changes Confluence complains that the + character is not allowed in the username.
I would like to delete this account to reclaim her email. It is clearly possible to solve the issue by creating another user "jdoe2" for her, but I'll have to specify a different email, and it's a pain because this is her corporate email address.
Any hint on how to proceed? Thanks in advance.