Hi All,
I tried installing goedit and Excellentable spreadsheet for confluence plugins for the confluence but unfortunately still not able to edit the excel sheet on the confluence. Only way working as of now is download edit and upload a new file. I also noticed that the office connector plugin(version 7.0.3) which is available with the confluence version 6.11.0 doesn't contain all the modules which were available in office connector 5.0.7. Because in the older version we were able to get an option of "edit in office" for any of the office attachments. Kindly help us in resolving it.
Thanks,
Mounica
Hi Mounica,
As of 6.11.0, Office Connector was discontinued in favor of Companion App.
Have a look below for information on how to use it:
Let me know if you have any questions.
Regards,
Shannon
Hello Shannon,
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I do not see edit with option with any of the attached files though I have complete admin privileges. Kindly help me here.
Mounica,
Can you confirm that you've now installed the new Companion App?
You'll get the edit option on your preview screen now, no longer in Confluence next to the file. Can you show me what options you have in your preview screen after installing the app?
Hi Shannon,
Yes I have installed Companion app on the server where the confluence is installed but not sure how to make connection between them. Or does it needs to be installed in the samw directory as confluence??
When I click on edit attachment it gives me page not found error. Click on the file name will download the file for me.
Here in the example attachment is image but its the same issue for office documents as well.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.