in my Linux server under the home directory I see a directory named avatars. what is this directory used for
home/data/avatar/. when we migrate the server should I copy this to the new one
Hello @Padmasree P!
if i recall correctly, the <home>/data/avatar directory is where custom avatars uploaded by users are kept and if you migrate your server, that content should be copied to prevent loss.
Hope this helps and if it answers your question, please don't forget to click the checkmark next to the answer so others know it's answered and can benefit too - thanks!
~~Larry Brock
Hi Larry,
thanks for sharing the information. when we upgrade the Jira instance simultaneously when we migrate servers, will these avatars work in the upgraded Jira instance
Yes they will as the size criteria hasn't changed.
Thank you for the vote but if I've answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the checkmark so the question is officially marked "Answered". Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.