Hi,
As described in this link
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/75677/automatic-transition-on-parent-issue-when-all-sub-tasks-are-closed
I did everything as mentioned in the link and it only works when the parent is at the exact same status for which the transition is defined in the workflow and corresponding transition ID is specified in the post funtion of sub-task.
Example - Parent is in open status - and the sub-tasks are now closed, according to sub-task post-function the transition ID is triggered that transition ID is part of parent workflow from IN-progress to Close but the Parent is currently in Open state instead of in-progress so the parent doesn't close as it's in Open state instead of In-progress, but shouldn't the parent just close irrespective of it's current state even if it's in Open state? if the parent was in In-progress state it would have worked fine.
Please suggest how to achieve the functionality where-in I can trigger a transition Id from the sub-tasks which pushes the parent to close state irrespective of it's current state.
Thanks,
I am using JIRA 4.4.4