Hi there,
I have enabled SSH keys on my STASH repo, I generated keys, copied the public key into the stash repo, however when I try to do any git operation I am prompted for a password for the git@hostname account.
$git pull
git@myhost.mydomain's password:
If I run the ssh test..
ssh -p 7999 -vT git@myhost.mydomain
OpenSSH_6.9p1, LibreSSL 2.1.8
debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config
debug1: /etc/ssh/ssh_config line 21: Applying options for *
debug1: Connecting to myhost.mydomain[192.168.1.1] port 7999.
debug1: Connection established.
debug1: identity file /Users/myuser/.ssh/id_rsa type 1
debug1: key_load_public: No such file or directory
debug1: identity file /Users/myuser/.ssh/id_rsa-cert type -1
debug1: identity file /Users/myuser/.ssh/id_dsa type 2
debug1: key_load_public: No such file or directory
debug1: identity file /Users/myuser/.ssh/id_dsa-cert type -1
debug1: key_load_public: No such file or directory
debug1: identity file /Users/myuser/.ssh/id_ecdsa type -1
debug1: key_load_public: No such file or directory
debug1: identity file /Users/myuser/.ssh/id_ecdsa-cert type -1
debug1: key_load_public: No such file or directory
debug1: identity file /Users/myuser/.ssh/id_ed25519 type -1
debug1: key_load_public: No such file or directory
debug1: identity file /Users/myuser/.ssh/id_ed25519-cert type -1
debug1: Enabling compatibility mode for protocol 2.0
debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_6.9
debug1: Remote protocol version 2.0, remote software version SSHD-CORE-0.14.0
debug1: no match: SSHD-CORE-0.14.0
debug1: Authenticating to myhost.mydomain:7999 as 'git'
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT received
debug1: kex: server->client aes128-ctr hmac-sha2-256 none
debug1: kex: client->server aes128-ctr hmac-sha2-256 none
debug1: sending SSH2_MSG_KEX_ECDH_INIT
debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_KEX_ECDH_REPLY
debug1: Server host key: ssh-rsa SHA256:XXXXXXXXXX
debug1: Host '[myhost.mydomain]:7999' is known and matches the RSA host key.
debug1: Found key in /Users/myuser/.ssh/known_hosts:63
debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS sent
debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS
debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS received
debug1: SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_REQUEST sent
debug1: SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_ACCEPT received
debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey
debug1: Next authentication method: publickey
debug1: Offering DSA public key: /Users/myuser/.ssh/id_dsa
debug1: Server accepts key: pkalg ssh-dss blen 433
debug1: Authentication succeeded (publickey).
Authenticated to myhost.mydomain ([192.168.1.1]:7999).
debug1: channel 0: new [client-session]
debug1: Entering interactive session.
debug1: Sending environment.
debug1: Sending env LANG = en_AU.UTF-8
shell request failed on channel 0