Hello together,
I am new and maybe someone asked the same before, I couldn't find something similar.
So my questestion ist:
We are planing a big Project, with a few subprojects in our company. The 4 Workes track would track their time threw Jira. I visualized the whole process in the Gantt Diagram as Tasks. An issue is for example defined as followed:
Task 1:
Start Date: 05.09.2018
End Date: 06.09.2018
Original Estimate: 2d
Task 2:
Start Date: 06.09.2018
End Date 08.09.2018
Original Estimate: 2d
For this example I just chose one Worker.
Now the Problem is:
In the Gantt Graph, we can see the rescources in the bottom row. My Worker is now working 8h at 05.09.2018, 13h at 06.09.2018, 5h at 07.09.2018 and 5h at 06.09.2018
So Jira/Ganttt is going to splitt the 2d from Task 1 to the two Day period of the Task 1 (8h/1d) and the 2d from Task 2 to the 3 Day period of the Task 2 (5h/1d).
Is it possible, to let Jira say, never plan a worker for more than 8h/1d? Or can I seperate manage the time, when the worker has to work and wich task?
I hope that wasnt too complicated.
Thanks for the help