I am trying to set up an instance of Bitbucket Server on a CentOS 7 VM with Apache, but I am having trouble trying to connect the Bitbucket Server to a PostgreSQL I installed. I set up PostgreSQL precisely according to this Atlassian support article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/connecting-bitbucket-server-to-postgresql-776640389.html
When I run the Setup, I fill the fields out as per below:
Database Type: "PostgreSQL"
Hostname: [CentOS 7 VM Public IP] (I have also tried my local IP and 'localhost')
Port: 5432
Database name: [Name of my database ('bitbucket')]
Database username: [Username as configured in article, I have it as ('bitbucketuser')]
Database password: [Password]
I receive the following error message:
"The configuration entered is not valid. A database connection could not be established. Please check your configuration and try again.The configuration entered is not valid. A database connection could not be established. Please check your configuration and try again.Hide details
The configuration entered is not valid. A database connection could not be established. Please check your configuration and try again. com.atlassian.stash.internal.db.DefaultDatabaseManager.validateConfiguration(DefaultDatabaseManager.java:217) com.atlassian.stash.internal.db.DefaultDatabaseManager.prepareDatabase(DefaultDatabaseManager.java:183) com.atlassian.stash.internal.maintenance.SpringMaintenanceTaskFactory.migrationTask(SpringMaintenanceTaskFactory.java:132) ...Could not get JDBC Connection; nested exception is org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection attempt timed out. org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DataSourceUtils.getConnection(DataSourceUtils.java:80) com.atlassian.stash.internal.db.DefaultDatabaseValidator.validate(DefaultDatabaseValidator.java:44) com.atlassian.stash.internal.db.DefaultDatabaseManager.validateConfiguration(DefaultDatabaseManager.java:214) ...Connection attempt timed out. org.postgresql.Driver$ConnectThread.getResult(Driver.java:414) org.postgresql.Driver.connect(Driver.java:259) java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:664)"
I have triple checked the database credentials, and made sure PostgreSQL is running as a service, so I am a bit confused by the error message.